Father’s Rights Attorney in Southlake, TX
Protecting The Rights Of Fathers
After a divorce, fathers often can find that their time with their children significantly lessens. They also may feel less involved in financial, educational and medical decision making. In Texas, about 95 percent of noncustodial parents are fathers. But noncustodial does not mean you do not have rights.
At Setzer Law Firm PLLC, we understand how difficult the adjustment can be for parents after a divorce or separation. We can meet with you to discuss your concerns and advice on the best solutions for your situation. The law also does not assume mom is the better choice for primary parent, and we are fully prepared to represent you in any child custody matters, if necessary.
Stand up for your rights! For straightforward advice and skilled representation, call us today at 817-230-4248.
Your Rights As A Father
Following a divorce, parents should have equal rights and responsibilities. As a noncustodial parent, you have the right to:
- Have a relationship with your children and be just as involved as before the divorce
- Expect a visitation schedule that is best for your children
- Have equal access to school and medical records for your children
- Assist with decision making for your children
- Have a say in whether or not your children relocate
- Request modifications to support and visitation if there is a substantial change in circumstances